Tuesday, January 31, 2012

California Part Three

Part three of my trip was easily my most favorite part. Where did I leave off? Ah, yes. Friday before Mr. SB had to work, we visited his school and he showed me around. The campus is beautiful and the library was so cool. Mr. Scottie B. took me to downtown/old town Ventura to hang out while he had to work. I went to Urban Outfitters and I bought a cute dress and Mindy Kaling’s new book. If you enjoy funny, confident women with ambition, I recommend the book. I ate lunch at a Thai place, which wasn’t that good (disappointing). I still had quite a few hours to kill and I wasn’t in the mood to shop. I went to a movie and saw “The Descendants”. Mr. SB thinks it’s strange that I went to a movie by myself, but I like movies and who cares. Then, surprise, I went to Starbucks to wait for Mr. SB.

We got dressed up and headed out to meet up with a few of Mr. SB’s friends. We had a few drinks and got down on the dance floor (yeah, I just said got down on the dance floor. Don’t judge me). We went to two different dance clubs/bars and had a lot of fun. It rained that night and we walked in the rain for a while before ending the night.

Saturday was Mr. SB’s and my only day with just us. A lot of my trip was spent meeting family and friends. At one point I was a little upset about all that. But looking back, I’m so very glad the way my trip went. I’m so happy that I got to meet all of Mr. SB’s family and a few of his friends. Back to Saturday, we headed down to Los Angeles and went to the Getty Center. We looked at quite a bit of art and took photos.










A Google search of LA food bloggers lead us to Umami Burger in Santa Monica... and we ate the most delicious burgers (I had the vegetarian Earth burger and Mr. SB had the Umami Burger). Mr. Scottie B. has already been back to eat there again and I can’t wait to go again. We raced (like seriously, we jogged) to the beach to watch the sun set. I put my feet in the ocean, again. For a second... maybe a minute or two, I could kind of picture myself living in California and being near the beach and all the cool spots. I don’t know what the future holds, who knows maybe someday I will be back living there.





Intelligentsia coffee in Venice was our next stop. This was, without a doubt, the best latte I’ve ever had.
 



Saturday night Mr. SB and I had a few drinks and ate a very late dinner at BJ’s Restaurant. We talked a lot that night and I made a few friends, haha. I have a habit of carrying on long conversation with strangers when I’ve had a few drinks. I told Mr. Scottie B. to next time just stop me from talking so we can leave. I would like to think this habit is charming, but I’m pretty sure it’s just obnoxious.

Sunday we made a quick trip to The Griffith Observatory. We didn't have a whole lot of time because of plans in the afternoon, but the weather was perfect. So we did walk around a little bit and took in the wonderful views of the city. After, we went to Mr. SB’s brother and sister-in-law’s house for a family birthday gathering. After this party I’ve officially met everyone in Mr. SB’s immediate family. I got to hang out with Mr. Scottie B.’s niece and nephew, talk with his sister-in-law, and watch his family interact. I had so much fun getting to know everyone and enjoyed the positive, loving atmosphere that was created.




Sunday night we went to Hollywood Blvd. to watch the end of the Giants game and just hang out. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the end of the game. Mr. SB and I spent a lot of Sunday afternoons at BWW in the Chicago area. It was a familiar feeling to be back there with him, I loved it. Then we walked along the stars and found a sushi place to eat dinner. We saw a movie that isn’t really worth mentioning (at least I don’t think so).




Monday morning was tough. It was just as hard as I thought it’d be to say goodbye. It felt like time flew by and all of a sudden my trip was over. We’ve been talking about our next visit and when that will be, I already can not wait.

 

My trip was everything I was hoping for and more. I’m hoping to post more about long distance and how Mr. SB and I have been making it work. But I’m so glad that we’ve had a visit already and we were able to be face to face. Thanks again, Mr. Scottie B. for such a lovely trip. I can’t wait to be back in your arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment