Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cookies, a Movie, and Wine

Yesterday was gloomy and rainy out all day. When I got off work I went straight to the gym, which helps me to actually go. I ran three miles and did a Kettlebell workout. Which is one of my favorite workouts!

When I got home I was so excited to bake treats. I had been looking through cooking/baking blogs all day and felt to motivated. What I ended up making was Oatmeal Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies. Recipe found via Joy the Baker Blog. Her recipes are easy to follow and all of them look so amazing. With the recipe instead of using all milk chocolate chips, I did half white chocolate (because white chocolate is my favorite). Definitely take Joy's advice and cook them for about ten minutes (just the smallest bit underdone). I also recommend having a glass...or two of wine while baking. I haven't packed any up to send to Mr. Scottie B. yet, but I will be (he's a lucky boy).

After I got done baking I hung out with Ben and Courtney for a while. I wore this awesome vintage jumpsuit that's comfortable and an easy outfit. Everyone giggled at my outfit and told me I looked silly. But I love it!!! So then we headed to the movie theater and saw Hangover Part 2 at midnight. We were the first people in the theater and we had so much fun. Adrianna and Justin met up with us and as usual we all laughed a lot and we were louder than we should have been. The movie was SO funny, I enjoyed it.

I didn't go into work today (shhh). I spent the day cleaning, organizing, and doing laundry. I cleaned out my closet and got rid of a lot of things I wasn't wearing anymore. Feels good to have all my clothes clean and organized! YAY.

I spent the rest of my evening watching a few movies and being lazy. I snacked a lot today and didn't make it to the gym. But sometimes you just gotta have days like that :) (or at least I do).

Hope your day was great also!
















No comments:

Post a Comment