Saturday, May 28, 2011

FDF

Good morning! It's Saturday morning and this is the first weekend in quite a while that I haven't been in Chicago. It's kind of strange. And yes that means I won't be seeing Mr. Scottie B. this weekend (or next weekend). But my Memorial Day weekend has started out wonderfully. Each Friday (as long as we are all in town) Mom, Dad, myself, and sometimes Ben do FDF. Also known as "Family Dinner Friday" (or you can replace that Family with Free, haha). We do our best to pick a different place each Friday to try something new around Madison. So last night Mom, Dad, Ben, Courtney, Lola, and I went to Monty's Blue Plate Diner! It's in the cutest neighborhood. They have TONS of vegan and vegetarian friendly items and the atmosphere is family friendly and so fun. The entire staff was friendly, including our server and the server who took a few photos for us. I ate the 'Sheldon' (tofu, tomatoes, & sauerkraut on rye) and some of the others had walnut burgers (so good) and potato zucchini pancakes. We share dessert, Banana Cream Pie and Apple Pie. Both desserts were to die for. Everything was delicious. We all gave the restaurant a thumbs up and say GO!

After dinner I headed down to Brat Fest to meet up with Adriana and friends. The weather was getting gloomy (and rainy). So we had one beer and then went to Coliseum Bar. I'm looking forward to actually walking around Brat Fest today. They have rides, brats, beer, fair food (funnel cake here I come), and concerts.

I'm watching Ethan today and I'm looking forward to spending time with him. It feels like forever since I've seen him. I'll be sure to take tons of photos. What's everyone doing for Memorial Day?





















No comments:

Post a Comment