Sunday, May 29, 2011

Saturday.

I started my Saturday morning with Ethan! Rachel brought him by for the day. We walked over to Victor Allen to get a coffee. While we walked over Ethan spelled his name. I asked him "Ethan how old are you?" and he responded "3! I THINK!". It was so cute. He also tells him on his next birthday he will be 6, close enough. When we got back to the house we played with Lego.

Then Mom, Dad, Ben, Ethan, and I all got ready and headed to Brat Fest. The weather was a little overcast but thankfully not raining. We all had a brat (Mom and I had veggie brats). They tasted great and all the profits are donated to charity. We walked over to the rides and games. Uncle Ben took Ethan down the slide and Dad took him on the teacups. I'm not a fan of carnival rides, mostly I'm unsure how safe they are (since they put them up in like a day). I got my funnel cake and Ethan got an ice cream (reward for good behavior).

We came home and I made Ethan take a nap. I made some no-bake cookies (recipe post coming soon) while he slept. Rachel came to pick Ethan up but he was still sleeping. It was getting late and it was dinner time so Adam came over... then Ben, Courtney, and Lola followed. So it ended up being an impromptu family dinner. The sun came out for a bit and it was a lovely evening.

This morning Mom and I got up and went to church. We attend Black Hawk Church and love it. The music is always great and the message is always great. I signed up to start volunteering on Sundays and I'm really excited. Now we're home. We made some tuna melts for lunch. I'm going to run up to Target to pick up some last minute things for today.

Looks like I will be heading to see Mr. SB tomorrow for the day :)

Here are photos from yesterday























No comments:

Post a Comment