Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Weekend

This weekend has been quite amazing. I started Saturday morning early taking the Van Galder Bus into Chicago and then heading into downtown via CTA (which I have decided is easier than driving). I did a little shopping and got a bubble tea from Argo Tea. Mr. Scottie B. met me there and we went to the The Art Institute of Chicago (which was amazing), grabbed some lunch, and then some coffee. We sat out of the rain for a while and met a few interesting homeless men. Then headed to Sushi Wabi for sushi. It was delicious and I tried sake for the first time. We explored a different area of Chicago and ended up at a bar listening to some poppunk/hardcore bands :) I headed home at 11pm and almost missed my bus, whoops.








And following a lovely day in Chicago it was mothers day. For those of you who don't know, my mom is my best friend. So it was nice to have a day to celebrate her. Momma, you are the glue that holds us all together. I would not be the person I am today without you and your guidance.
Mom's gifts included a new ipod, paint your own gnome, restaurant gift card, and a few heartfelt cards.
The family spent the day as we usually do: keeping track of Ethan, passing Jaxson around, making lots of jokes, spelling words we can't say out l-o-u-d, drinking beer, and taking photos!













No comments:

Post a Comment