Wednesday, September 28, 2011

So while getting the recipe for those Fried Apple Rings I saw that Emma had a post about Homemade Blueberry Poptarts. I was like hm, puff pastry...I wonder what baking with that's like. 

So I bought some Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry yesterday. I thought I had blueberries, but I didn't. So I improvised. I ended up making a few different kinds...peaches, brown sugar and cinnamon, and apples and cinnamon. I also made two almond sugar croissants. These were so flippin' good. Look guys, I've expressed that I am not a great judge of my own baking/cooking but I know these are great. I can't wait to bake them for a family brunch :) 

I did add a glaze to them after I took these photos. I used Emma's suggestion (four tablespoons of melted butter, a tablespoon of cream, and powdered sugar to taste).




I was looking through old blog posts and thinking about what an awesome summer I had. I can't believe the oppunrtunity I had to spend so much time in the Chicago area. Very soon Mr. SB will be heading back to California and as hard as that's going to be, I'm so thankful for the time we've had to build a strong foundation for our future. And with all these thoughts going through my head I realized I never posted the photos from when Mr. Scottie B. and I were youngsters. I tried to scan these photos but I was having issues. I gave up and just took a picture of the pictures (is that strange?). And I'm also including one of the first pictures from our second date. (no laughing at how silly I look at 12)





1 comment: